World Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The fire relights.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/14/2012, 6:28 pm

On televisions world wide...

A dark room. A single flame in the middle of the room. What seems like a match beneath it. An eerie laugh. A WCW logo popping up in the bottom right corner to let everyone know it is wrestling related. The flame begins to grow. Larger and larger until the room is engulfed in flame along with the camera's vision. The vision comes back. The walls are on fire along with the floor and roof, yet, there are two children playing in the room along with a woman and a man. Another man comes into the room from behind the burning wall, rather round and short. The wife shoos the children from the room and the camera follows them. Once out of the main room and out to the outside, the house looks normal as can be. The children take off behind of the house. Discussing something. No sound is played except for an odd almost seering noise. The appearent older of the two takes out an old match box. The older begins to play with them, the younger, hesitant. The older drops the lit match onto some dry grass right outside of the house. It begins to crawl up the side. The younger rushes forward to stop it, only to accidently trip over a random tool, landing face first on the fire. The screen cuts back to the room with a flame in it. The flame shows a face this time, hidden by a mask. A red and black mask. The flame is extinguished. A young girl's voice comes over the airways.

-Girl-
He became silent..... Having failed..... He began to hunger.... As others unworthy succeeded.... He grew angry.... Hell was reopened...... Everything was calm for others but for him..... Hell was reopened...... Soon, the world will see the hell that was presented..... Soon.... The fire will relight..... Soon..... HE will return...... The fire still burns.

The voice dies out as a laugh sounds out again and numbers appear in flames again. Showing the date of when Smackdown will return to television. The message cuts out to a commercial.
Back to top Go down

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/14/2012, 7:36 pm

Honest Opinion, better superstar "returning to TV" promo than Foley's or Truth's
Back to top Go down

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/14/2012, 8:10 pm

well sorry if i was caught in a writers block i havent promo'd in a while so of course mine are horrible no need to throw it out there....
Back to top Go down

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/14/2012, 8:58 pm

Never said they were horrible >.>
Back to top Go down
Heath Slater
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
Heath Slater

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/16/2012, 2:45 pm

Hey man, let's do this.

Positives

-It's different. Man I was really getting tired of the "Get in the ring and talk for a bit" promos and it's like you've read my mind. We haven't seen something like this for a long time. So it's a breath of fresh air to read a promo like this (despite the fire cutting off my oxygen)

-It tells a story. We get some insight on how Kane became Kane. This isn't just a bunch of cliched imagery, there is some actual substance here which I enjoyed. I mean I even looked on YouTube to make sure this wasn't plagiarized which is a compliment to you!

Negatives
There were some technical errors. In the line " No sound is played except for an odd almost seering noise" I didn't know what you meant my "seering" because it isn't a word. I assumed you meant searing, but to me the sound of searing is like someone throwing a steak on the grill. I don't think that is the sound you meant, but maybe. lol Other than that though there weren't too many grammar errors which was great. Your promos have your signature shit ton of ellipses, but this time it worked in your favor.

-The line "A WCW logo popping up in the bottom right corner to let everyone know it is wrestling related." I thought was unnecessary. It took me out of the scene your words were creating in my head. When you started with "On televisions world-wide..." I laughed because I pictured the promo popping up on every tv no matter what channel. Like some kid watching the Teletubbies and then becoming incredibly horrified.

Suggestions
-I think this promo could have benefited with some images. Maybe you could have put a picture of a flame or something in there or some creepy kids. Pictures aren't necessary for promos anymore so I didn't put it in the negatives, but I think it could have added some flair.

-It sounds like your going to be bringing back monster heel Kane. What do you want to do with him? Are you going to go after Taker? All we know about the landscape of Smackdown! right now is that it's being led by the heel team couple of Stephanie and Triple H. Is Kane going to fit in that story or are you going to be separate. Do you want titles or do you want to do your own thing? Some questions wou might want to think about before going into Age Two.

-If you're going with silent Kane, I think it would be cool if you continued this promo. Have more promos continuing the origins of Kane. I know I would enjoy reading them.

-Lastly you have Paul Bearer to use at your exposal. I think you could do some real cool things with him, but it's your choice.

{Official Grade}
Like a Star @ heaven 4/5 Like a Star @ heaven

Gave you a 4 on this one. Fix your technical issues and choices of words and I think you will do amazing in the future. When you're creating a promo that relies on the atmosphere you create, these minor problems can quickly take the reader out of it. Great promo, man I really enjoyed reading it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/16/2012, 7:48 pm

<3
Back to top Go down

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/16/2012, 9:16 pm

It's funny because he was Kane before and you described the persona of Kane he used Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyler

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty11/16/2012, 9:50 pm

That he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The fire relights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fire relights.   The fire relights. Empty

Back to top Go down

The fire relights.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Championship Wrestling :: wCw Shows :: wCw FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN! :: Graded Promos-
Jump to: