World Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Awesome Aristocrat
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
The Awesome Aristocrat

The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty
PostSubject: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/13/2012, 3:21 pm

The first Smackdown of Age 2 rolls on as a backstage camera cuts to Alberto Del Rio chatting up a WCW official. They both appear oblivious to the camera. The camera zooms in and the end of a sentence is captured.

Quote :
"...if you take this you know what you have to do and I don't think I need to remind you how powerful of a man I am..."

Finally Alberto Del Rio takes notice of the camera and mic and turns.

Quote :
"You are a little early, friend"

He says to the cameraman in a slightly unsettling tone.

"I can...I can leave Mr. Del Rio sir..."

The camera man stammers as Del Rio takes on a very demented smile.
Quote :

"No, it is no matter peasant. People of your intelligence are prone to making such mistakes. I will give you the promo so that all the WCW Universe may bask in my glorious presence."

"Oka...y...Mr. Del Rio"

The camera man again stammers.

Quote :
"Talk no more or you will regret it."

Del Rio pauses to let the words sink in and to determine the camera mans compliance.

Quote :
"Now that is out of the way we may begin. Come, lets take a walk."

Del Rio motions to move forward and by the signs on the wall they are walking towards the production truck.

Quote :
"By now you should all know who I am"

Del Rio speaks directly to the fans and viewers as if the camera man is below his notice.
Quote :

"But what you probably don't know is what a man of my obvious affluence is doing here when I could literally be anywhere else in the world doing anything else. I just spent some time in Japan honing my craft. My hobby and passion is wrestling...no, it is more than that. I love destroying people. Whether it is financially, mentally, or in the ring. I don't have to sell myself to you though. By now you likely know the depth of my wealth."

Del Rio pauses as the reach the production trailer and he walks in with the camera following. Without words he reaches into his pants and pulls out a stack of American currency. He peels off a couple 100 dollar bills and drops them in front of a production person.

Quote :
"This is for what we talked about but wait until I am done speaking you ant"

Without waiting for confirmation he leaves the truck and continues walking, presumably towards the arena this time.

Then, as if he never stopped his speech he continues.

Quote :
"You see while the rest of America was starting to nose dive I had the good sense to withdraw my substantial contribution to Wall Street."

The crowd now begins to loudly boo at Del Rio's insinuation that he actually made the American financial crisis a bit worse.

Quote :
"Have no fear, friends. I am doing more than alright and have already found other places to invest my money. Namely in booming locations like China"

The crowd, who never really stopped booing, boos even louder now.

Quote :
"Soon I will grace you with my presence in the ring as I beat down whatever peasant the WCW throws at me but know this, I am a many of many vices and chief among them is gold. Know that if you are a competitor in the WCW that you will have to face me and I am a very powerful man...but you already knew that, didn't you?"

With those words the camera feed drops and a video begins.

Last edited by The Awesome Aristocrat on 11/14/2012, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heath Slater
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
Heath Slater

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 3:32 am

Hey….How’s it goin’? I’m the new Smackdown promo grader. So why don’t you hit the showers and pick up that bar of soap?

Bad start. I’m sorry. Okay, here we go.

Not one mention of DESTINY or perros. 0/5. Better luck next week man.

Nah I’m just playin’

The Positives:
-I loved that you played on Dorito’s wealth, because he doesn’t even do that on TV anymore. I really hope this continues.

- Backstage promo props. Things happened in your promo. Dorito walked around, talked to different people. When I read it, I could easily follow what was going on and picture it in my head as if I were watching it.

-Character Authenticity. Yep that sounds like Del Rio alright. Well, actually this "promo Del Rio" has more personality than actual Del Rio so there’s that. I like the heel talk, the bullying, the pauses between phrases, (He does that all the time on TV it drives me nuts. I can’t imagine him reading a book out loud because he would pause for 20 seconds between sentences like a goof ass) the money, it was all great.

The Negatives:
Any problems had nothing to do with the content. Only problem was the color coding. When you use a side character, it would be a little easier to follow if his text was a different color. Other than that, you’re golden.

Suggestions:
-Whether you want him or not, your order of Doritos comes with a side order of Ricardo Rodriguez. I would love to see you use him in future promos as either comic relief, or being bullied by someone. Hell, you could let other people in the fed use RR in their promos against you as ways of raising the stakes. Admins are allowing managers to be controlled by AI in Age Two, something you might want to consider in actual matches

-As the first promo of Age Two, and due to the fact that we haven’t had matches yet I can’t blame you for not doing this, but I would like to see Del Rio start some shit. Maybe week two or three, go call out someone. I am excited to see rivalries, stories, and feuds start up and it’s generally the heels that have to ignite the flame. Smackdown roster is pretty heel heavy, but with promos like this, I see Berty standing out.

So the verdict? I’ll do it MSD Streets style with the fancy brackets.

{Official Grade}

Like a Star @ heaven 5/5 Like a Star @ heaven

Awesome promo to start Age Two man. Not going to dock points for one color formatting error, unless it becomes a trend. I want this promo to be an example to our other fed members as to what kind of content we want to see here. Your purpose was clear, it was interesting, fun, and most of all creative and different. There was also clear formatting (you use a different style than the blueprint, but it works) and near flawless grammar. Once again, great, great job.

(This will be the way I grade everybody’s promos. If you have any suggestions or criticisms on my grading style please let me know! I also take bribes.)
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 7:14 am

I love Critic's grading.....
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Respected Member
Respected Member
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 12:47 pm

me to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 2:03 pm

I didn't mind the mispelling of Del Rio as Doritos until I got to the suggestion portion and read your order of Doritos comes with a side of Ricardo. I died xD Thank you Critic I needed a good laugh

(please don't take this out of context)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 2:18 pm

so you didn't die? -_-
Back to top Go down
The Awesome Aristocrat
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
The Awesome Aristocrat

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 6:56 pm

Thank you, Critic! I was really struggling with the desire to put Ricardo in here but when I was writing this I just couldn't think of a spot for him. I did mess up on the formatting and should have caught that myself in the proof-read but didn't.

Appreciate the kind words and guarantee I will turn it up a notch once I have some play with Del Rio under my belt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/14/2012, 7:37 pm

Jive if you want me to leave you can just tell me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 12:16 am

explain...are you talking the earth or the fed.....i would never tell anyone to leave the fed. The earth on the other hand.....well Smile take my contextual insults in stride bucko! Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 12:25 am

CM Punk wrote:
explain...are you talking the earth or the fed.....i would never tell anyone to leave the fed. The earth on the other hand.....well Smile take my contextual insults in stride bucko! Wink

Oh yeah..... And I'm the asshole....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 12:44 am

yep.
Back to top Go down
The Awesome Aristocrat
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
The Awesome Aristocrat

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 2:02 pm

Guys. Come on, guys.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 5:39 pm

I was joking.... O.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 5:50 pm

So was I,,,,maybe! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty11/15/2012, 10:54 pm

Wow. Note to self - Don't leave the board unread for more than 24 hours.

I completely got everyone's contextual jokes. You guys still might want to cool it a bit. This stuff belongs more on the chatbox than in a promo posting.

Just trying to be the voice of reason.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW   The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW Empty

Back to top Go down

The Aristocrat Arrives in WCW
Page 1 of 1